- HBR 2017 Course Overview
- HBR 2017 Course Programme
- HBR 2017 Course Q&A
- HBR 2017 Training Course Pre-learning
This is the information about the 2017 BSS Examiner Hire Boat Requirements Training. It also includes the course overview, the programme details, some Q & A’s
The attended training event is provided at a cost to examiners of £135 + VAT. Invoicing will take place after the courses have been delivered.
Make sure you book yourself on to a course as soon as you can and before Wednesday 8 February. Spaces on the courses are limited and booking is on a first come first served basis.
The course is made up of three elements:
Pre-learning - This will:-
- define what are hire boats; and,
- cover that from 1 April 2017 the existing 2002 BSS Standards will no longer apply to hire boats; and,
- cover that from 1 April 2017 the BSS private boats requirements will apply to hire boats along with 16 additional new/amended requirements specific to hire boats; and,
- cover why BSS hire boat requirements can be different to BSS private boat requirements; and,
- cover how the private boat requirements are to be applied to hire boats; and,
- provide the opportunity for examiners to become familiar with the Examination Checking Procedures for each of the 16 new/amended specific hire boat requirements
As part of the pre-learning Examiners will complete a short assessment by way of answering some multiple choice questions and inserting free text into text boxes online.
Completing the pre-learning assessment will help enhance the training delivery at the attended training day. The link to the Pre-learning and assessment will be provided from early February. Set aside around about three hours to read and complete the online materials and assessment.
Attended Training Events - The one‐day regional training event will focus on the practical aspects of applying the 16 new/amended specific hire boat requirements.
The course will not qualify non-Gas Safe Registered BSS Examiners to undertake LPG tightness testing on hire boats using a manometer (or any other craft in scope of the GSIUR). See this link for more information.
Post-learning Assessment – After you have attended the training day you will need to complete and pass the Post-learning Assessment by answering correctly a series of multiple choice questions and inserting free text into text boxes online.
Note that you will not be authorised to carry out hire boat BSS examinations after April 2017 until you have successfully completed this Post-learning Assessment.
Notification of passing the Post-learning Assessment may take up to three working days in view of the need to assess the free-text element of the assessment.
|Course overview - this sets out the course aims and objectives, learning methods, pre-reading material, the certificates, unsuccessful assessments and the limitations of the course.
|Programme details - The details of the programme are fleshed out here including course content and more information on the assessment.
|Q&As - your questions answered
|Pre-learning course information here
|Check out the day course venues and dates here
|Or, go straight to the booking list Book
|BSS Examiner Training terms and conditions here