We have new advice for anyone having their boat examined in the time of COVID-19
Please read these hints and tips before you book and have your boat's BSS Examination [LINK]
Just like a car, on most of the UK's inland waterways, a boat needs to be licensed, insured and have the boat-equivalent of a MOT - valid BSS certification - before it can cruise.
Check with your navigation authority if this applies to your waterway.
Links to popular topics:
- Preparing a boat for examination
- Private boat examinations
- Hire Boat Examinations from 2017
- Non-private boat examinations
- Extra information for boats with gas (LPG or propane/butane)