The BSS aim is to see that people and property are safer as a result of its work and, in doing so, be effective, efficient, trusted and supported in all that it does.
BSS Vision and Values:
- having the trust of the Navigation Authorities and the boating public;
- delivering a high-quality BSS verification service;
- being alert to new safety risks and learning from the past;
- being open with stakeholders when proposing change and making key decisions;
- the BSS is run on a not-for-profit basis and always striving to improve effectiveness as well as provide value for money;
- making the BSS open and accessible to all UK navigation and harbour authorities.